- Original commissioning editor of Horrible Science, with UK life sales in excess of 5 million
- Social media expertise, with over 16,000 blog followers
- Editor of Carnegie-longlisted novels, Liccle Bit, Joe All Alone and This Is Not A Love Story
- Commissioning editor of Beast Quest, with world sales of over 11 million copies
- Publisher of Frankie's Magic Football, with author Frank Lampard, UK sales over 880,000 copies
- Acquiring editor of Alex Wheatle's teen fiction
I've launched some of the most successful children's books of the past 25 years and have 11 years' experience with developing Intellectual Property. I have written over 20 children's books and as co-founder of the Book Bound Writers' Retreat, I build author careers. I also run one of the UK's leading sewing blogs, with over 13,000 subscribers.
My strengths lie in collaborative creativity, brainstorming, team leadership, idea generation and structural editing. But, of course, everything starts and ends with a really great idea, and that's where Speckled Pen can offer the following bespoke business-to-business services...
- Intellectual Property
- Concept development
- Series fiction development
- Writing and ghost writing
- Commissioning, structural editing, proofreading
- Reader reports
Photography by Amanda Herbert